Securing doors and windows is one of the most important elements of protecting homes and businesses from intruders. Door and window sensors make the task easier. These small devices create a magnetic field that sends a signal to your security system’s control panel whenever someone attempts to open a window or door.
If you live or operate a business in Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage or La Quinta, AHC Alarms can install reliable door and/or window sensors as part of an integrated home security solution. You’ll sleep better at night knowing you’ve taken a crucial step to protect your property from intruders.
Basics of Door and Window Sensors
Door and window sensors are automatic security devices that protect home and business entry points from intrusion by triggering an alarm at the first indication of tampering.
Most home security systems come in two pieces — one component fits onto the door or window, while the other affixes to the doorframe or windowpane, typically using heavy adhesives or screws. Both sensor pieces must be positioned beside each other, as they interact when movement occurs.
When someone opens the door or window, the two components separate and send a signal to the alarm panel, which assesses the situation and notifies owners of the abnormal activity. Some systems will even dispatch the authorities for assistance.
Situations That Door and Window Sensor Installations Can Prevent
Professional home security installations can prevent many close-calls with door and window sensors:
- Stop intruders from breaking in: Door and window sensors prevent intruders from entering your home, stealing valuable belongings and potentially harming family members.
- Prevent children from accessing dangerous substances: You can use home security sensors to keep children out of medicine cabinets, tool sheds, liquor cabinets and other places that contain hazardous substances.
- Deter rule-breaking: When you place door and window monitors in your home, you can observe people’s comings and goings, deterring people from coming home too late or sneaking out at night.
- Prevent snooping: You can install window and door sensors in places you don’t want guests, such as safes, closets and filing cabinets.
Door and Window Sensors for Home & Business Security
Installing door and window sensors can offer numerous safety and security advantages for your home or business:
- Effective deterrent: These sensors sound an audible alarm if someone tries to open a door or window or breaks the glass to gain entry. The blaring sound is usually enough to startle intruders and frighten them away.
- Remote monitoring capabilities: Besides sending a signal to your control panel, sensors from AHC Alarms also trigger an alert to a central monitoring station staffed by well-trained security professionals. These individuals can then notify law enforcement to respond if necessary.
- Protection for loved ones: Although property owners typically install sensors to keep people out, they can also prevent loved ones from wandering off. For instance, if toddlers or elderly individuals with memory issues attempt to go outside on their own, the sensor’s alarm capabilities can alert you and allow you to stop them.
- Peace of mind: Door/window sensors can alleviate concerns about what’s happening at your home or business when you’re not there. You can receive alerts via your smartphone or tablet the instant a potential security breach occurs.
Door and Window Sensor Installation Services
AHC Alarms is proud to be an ADT Authorized Dealer in Palm Desert. We’re able to offer the latest sensors and security equipment from ADT, a recognized security industry leader and innovator. We can install ADT door and window sensors as part of a customized package designed to deliver comprehensive protection for your home or business.
Our team of professional installers will complete the job quickly and efficiently, integrating the sensors with other security system components. We’ll also help you understand how to operate the equipment effectively and safely. What’s more, we provide timely maintenance and repair services for every product or device we install.
Areas We Serve
For Palm Desert door and window sensor installation services, look no further than AHC Alarms. We specialize in delivering professional security installations, helping home and business owners achieve the peace of mind they deserve.
Our service areas include all of the following California cities:
- Palm Desert
- La Quinta
- Palm Springs
- Rancho Mirage
Why Choose AHC Alarms for Door and Window Sensors?
The AHC Alarms team has more than 25 years of combined experience keeping residential and commercial property owners like you safe. Our caring customer service staff is available to answer your questions and help you get the most out of your security system.
Contact Us to Get Started with your Installation Today
[contact-form-7 id=”6275″ title=”Support Form”
Highly recommended without hesitation… I chose AHC over ADT Corporate, not just on price, but on my positive experience with Carlos and the strength of the customer relationship I felt I could build with AHC as a locally-owned and operated authorized dealer for ADT. I’m glad I did.
I Highly recommend Danny to install your alarm systems and answer any questions you have and he is very professional and provides the best quality an alarm systems thank you Danny for all your help!!!!! My family feels very safe with this alarm system!
Carlos showed up on time at 9 AM. He was incredibly professional by putting anything he moved back to where it was and by cleaning up after himself. He was quick and efficient when setting up the system and the two cameras. The best part was that he was patient