Technology has advanced to the point that you can install home automation systems to make your life easier. Read on to learn about what home automation is, how it works and what home security features it can offer you.
What Is Home Automation?
Home automation is when you install a system that uses the internet or other means to automatically control various features and appliances around your house. For example, instead of turning on your thermostat by hand, you can click a button on your mobile device to change your thermostat instantly.
There are several benefits of home automation, including:
- Sustainability: You can put your appliances on timers to lessen your carbon footprint. Scheduling your heat and air conditioning for certain times of day will save energy.
- Convenience: A home automation system enables you to control your house with the click of a button. You can turn on the air conditioner before you get home so that your house is nice and cool when you arrive, and you can ensure you locked your front door from any location.
- Affordability: You will save money on heat, air conditioning and electrical bills when you program your home automation systems to run on a specific schedule. Instead of running the lights all night and wasting energy, you can set a time for them to turn off.
Which Features Are Available?
With home automation, you can control the temperature, lights, appliances and music in your house. However, the best home automation systems also include a home security aspect. Several features come with this type of security system, including:
- Video doorbells: This device allows you to view a video of your doorstep from your phone to see visitors. Some video doorbells include sound, so you can hear and talk to whoever is on the other side of your door.
- Smart door locks: With smart locks, you can control your locks from wherever you are. This feature also enables you to enter your house with a code instead of searching for your keys.
- Cameras: Home automation gives you direct access to the security cameras you’ve placed around your house. You can often see the camera’s view from your mobile device.
How Does Home Automation Work?
Home automation connects the functions you want and allows you to control them through a remote device. For instance, if the system uses WiFi to connect, you can access your appliances even if you’re miles away.
Home automation also uses additional indicators to control your house. You can program the lights to turn on at a particular time based on how dark it is outside, or you can tell the air-conditioning to run when the house reaches a certain temperature. While you still have the power to adjust these functions, you can program the system to carry out these tasks automatically, too.
Contact Advanced Home Connect
Advanced Home Connect is an ADT authorized dealer in Palm Desert, California, offering security systems that work with home automation. If you’re interested in learning more about the automated products we provide to protect your home, contact us online today or call us at 760-797-7274!